Congratulations, your site is live! Thank you for choosing The Webmistress.
This is just the beginning. Now it’s time to tell everyone you’re on the internet. Your site is not just for show. It’s is a living, breathing entity and it relies on you to feed it and help it grow so it can be an integral part of your business.
We cannot stress enough that your site needs to be constantly updated and you constantly need to be driving traffic to it by various on and offline means.
Please refer to this document to help you make the most of your site and book in for occasional session to help you improve your site and build your web presence.
If you feel we could improve our service in any way, or there were aspects you were dissatisfied with, please do let me know. I would love to hear your constructive feedback and and of course, any praise too.
Here is a VERY short survey which can help you provide feedback
Please would you take 5 minutes to reflect on your experience of your website build. Your feedback is valuable to improving my process.
And if you feel inspired to leave a review on Google to let others know your experience and benefit working with us, that would be fantastic. Please do that here g.page/thewebmistress/review?gm
(TIP: you could copy/paste any info from the feedback form right into Google)
Thanks so much.
Start by making a plan for using all the info below
Before you do anything else, I recommend you put a once a month entry in your calendar to return to this page to ensure you keep working on the suggestions, to help you improve your website and web presence.
Have you done that now, before continuing reading?
ok, now, off you go…
Revisit the Go Live emails
You received 5 emails after your site went live. Please revisit them and action the to dos included in those emails.
Your email for firstname.lastname@example.org – are you checking it?
As part of the website build process, we more than likely set up a email@example.com email for you. Have you logged in to check this and made a mental note to check it every day?
- If not, check your Go Live emails that you received after your site went live for instructions on how to do that. Email subject: Go Live 3/5 – Login details: SiteGround Account + Email
- If you want to collect this email into another account you own e.g. yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, let us know and we can set that up for you.
- You might wish to collect the email in another email package e.g. Outlook, MacMail, we can help you set that up too, or if you would like to try setting it up yourself, the settings you require are in the consultation notes.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Remember the SEO tags you did as part of the content pages? Those will most likely need to be improved. It is essential to help your rankings.
- Please let me know if you would like help
- Access free online SEO lessons though Yoast
- Access Hubspot SEO tools
Google digital knowledge courses
Expand your digital knowledge for growing your business and boosting your web presence
- Access these free courses from Google. (You’ll need a google account for that)
Support queries, website improvement sessions & WordPress (WP) Training with Us
We offer you our ongoing support and solutions, advice and guidance. This is charged at our hourly rate, available in ‘by the minute’. We will send you our “Supported Client Relationship Agreement” which apply to any future work we do together. We are always available to give you online lessons to improve your WP skills.
- Please call us to set up some training to help you can make better use of your site.
Other online WP training resources
- Learn how to use WordPress at wpbeginner.com: join the mailing list on the home page to get tips
- On that wpbeginner site, this is a good place to start…skip down to the section “Using Gutenberg – The New WordPress Block Editor”
- Free videos on this page: youtube.com/wpbeginner
Accessing SiteGround support
Unless you are with another host, SiteGround hosts your website and email.
- When you need their support, follow these steps to access their knowledge base and support centre
As we’ve mentioned before, Google likes fresh content on websites. If there is no fresh content, Google will push your site to the bottom of the search results. So GET BLOGGING NOW! Aim for at least 1 blog post every 2 weeks minimum. Keep them short and sweet to help you feel less burdened.
Refer to our document to get you on your way:
Google Business Page
At some point during the build process you would have recied and email urging you to register your business Google
Google shows Google Business Page results on the top/or right site of the search results. This is a map with coloured markers for local businesses. It is an important part of getting your business found on Google.
- Register your business here google.com/intl/en_uk/business/
- Encourage your clients to leave reviews on your Google Places entry.
Google Analytics is a great free tool that enables you to monitor traffic to your site. You can see how many visitors you have had, where they have come from and how they interact with the site. You can then use this information to tweak your marketing.
- If you did not get this setup as part of your website build, please let us know if you would like this setup for you. It only take 15 mins.
AdWords help connect you with potential customers in the right place, and at precisely the right time by placing relevant ads on the right-hand-side of Google search results pages. These are ‘pay per click’ adverts.
This can generate a lot of business for you if you do it correctly. However, you can also spend a lot of money if you get don’t get it right.
- Sign up here google.co.uk/AdWords
Get yourself listed on relevant directories, e.g. CNHC, BACP, FHT etc
Twitter, Facebook, You Tube…Ugh!
“BUT I DON’T WANT TO DO ALL THIS STUFF! DO I HAVE TO???!?!?!?!”
No you don’t…But if you’d like to boost your business (and who doesn’t want that?) they may be of benefit to you.
In short, the advice is to write a blog post and then put the link on Facebook / Tweet / Linked In. This brings more traffic to your site, which boosts Google results as well as bringing you more potential clients.
- Book in for a lesson to help you with this
- Find a social mediaexpert to help you